Loading

Friday, June 17, 2011

Selena Gomez: I Never Wanted to Be a Role Model

Being a role model was never on Selena Gomez's to-do list.

However, the 18-year-old actress and singer has learned to embrace it anyway, she says in the upcoming E! Entertainment Special: Selena Gomez.

"I am human, I'm not perfect," Gomez admits. "I make mistakes all the time, but I guess my job is to keep those mistakes to myself, which I'm already fine doing and just try to be the best I can be for those kids."

Selena With Her Fans

Being a role model isn't easy when you're still growing up yourself.

"I never really said I want to be a role model. But when it happened I was so down for it," Gomez admits, having just been hospitalized due to malnourishment and exhaustion, which led to her mom telling her to slow down.

She's doing better now, but it's an ongoing battle.

While the Texas-born beauty has enjoyed much success at a young age, she didn't have an easy childhood and struggled with her parents' divorce.

Gomez's high-profile romance with Justin Bieber has made headlines, making it tough to stay comfortable in the spotlight and manage her fame.

"This is a very superficial job," Gomez says. "I sit in a chair for two hours and get hair and makeup done and talk about [myself] in interviews."

"That's a very vain thing to do. I do get caught up in it sometimes."

Give her credit for recognizing the pitfalls of celebrity at such a young age and trying to keep life in perspective as well as a teenager possibly can.

We wish her all the best. For a look at Selena's latest musical effort, follow this link and listen to "Whiplash," a collaboration with Britney Spears!

[Photo: WENN.com]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More