Loading

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What is Next for Emma Watson?

For Emma Watson, will there be life after Harry Potter?

Considering the talent and maturity of this actress, who recently took a break from studying at Brown University, the answer is clearly yes. But she isn't sure what that will entail.

"Hermione is so close to who I am as a person that I've never really had to research a role," Watson says in the latest issue of Vogue. "I'm literally rediscovering what it means to be an actress... I've probably earned the right to screw up a few times...  I don't want the fear of failure to stop me from doing what I really care about."

Emma Watson Vogue Cover

Elsewhere in the interview, Watson touches on Daniel Radcliffe (watch him perform on Broadway HERE), romance and more. Excerpts are below.

On life as a key component with the Harry Potter franchise: "I have had no control over my life... I have lived in a complete bubble. They found me and picked me for the part. And now I'm desperately trying to find my way through it."

On Radcliffe: "He understood what his role was... not just as an actor but as the leading man in this enormous franchise. And I think that was almost more important in a way. He held it all together. I am very grateful for him."

On love: "I'm a feminist, but I think that romance has been taken away a bit for my generation. I think what people connect with in novels is this idea of an overpowering, encompassing love - and it being more important and special than anything and everything else... I would love to not date someone in the same industry as me. Otherwise it becomes what it means to everyone else."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More