Loading

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Joanna Garcia and Nick Swisher to Honeymoon in... Afghanistan?!?

This is pretty cool.

Joanna Garcia and Nick Swisher, who got married in December, have finalized plans for their honeymoon... in Afghanistan. Explained the Yankees outfielder to The New York Post:

"Three military officers came to the locker room and asked if any of us would like to visit the troops. My hand went straight up, I said, 'I'm in.' I knew Joanna would want to go. It will be our first trip since we got married."

Joanna Garcia PhotographsNick Swisher Pic

Added Swisher, who comes from a miltary family: "No matter what your views are, these men and women are out there risking everything for us. I realize how fortunate I have been, so I like to give back at every opportunity I can."

All of that and the guy practically has a .380 OBP! Not bad, Swish.

[Photos: WENN.com]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More