Loading

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Juror on Casey Anthony: What an Awful Person!

They realized it would be a controversial decision to acquit Casey Anthony of murder. Heck, they even hated the girl personally. But the 12-member Orlando-area jury did what they felt was right and let her walk.

The public outrage that followed was not what they expected.

The Casey Anthony jury has received death threats, been barred from restaurants, been shunned by family, even been forced to flee in fear of backlash.

Casey Anthony Trial Photo

Their names remain closely guarded, but one male juror consented to speak with People under the condition of complete and utter anonymity.

His basic take? Casey Anthony sucks, but what are you gonna do?

"We all tried hard to separate emotions from the evidence," he says. "Generally, none of us liked Casey Anthony at all. She frankly seems like a horrible person. But the prosecutors did not give us enough evidence to convict."

"They gave us a lot of stuff that makes us think that [Casey Anthony] probably did something wrong, but that is not beyond a reasonable doubt."

Now that the trial is over, life "has been a nightmare," says the juror.

"I have been living in fear that someone will find out who I am. I Google my name every single day to see if anyone has figured out who I am."

"The few people that do know [my true identity] haven't said anything, but one of my friends told me that his wife forbid him to talk to me."

"My own sister cussed me out. It has ruined my life."

Did the jury get it right?

View Poll »

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More