Loading

Monday, August 22, 2011

Jane Lynch Opens Up About Loneliness, Addiction to Cough Syrup

She provides constant snark and humor on Glee, but the life of Jane Lynch was not always filled with laughter. Just how far did the actress fall during her days of substance abuse?

Referring to her attempt to get clean 1991, Lynch writes in her upcoming memoir, Happy Accidents:

"I found myself eating about a gallon of chocolate ice cream daily to replace the copious amounts of sugar my body was used to from my daily beer intake."

Jane Lynch Memoir

Lynch didn't stop there, either:

She writes of her "habit of taking NyQuil before bed. Though no longer drinking Miller Lite, I was still in need of something to soothe me. The fact that NyQuil had alcohol in it was not something I acknowledged at all. I still considered myself on the wagon.”

Lynch eventually earned a role on Broadway in The Real Live Brady Bunch, where her problems worsened. An evening of getting high with castmates - “I smoked myself into oblivion that night. I still felt like crap and even lonelier than I had felt before.” - finally led to AA.

But meeting now-wife Lara Emby finally turned Lynch's life around. She says: “I was immediately smitten... I was all the way in, and yes, I had only known her a minute.”

Happy Accidents come out, courtesy of publisher Hyperion Voice, on September 13.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More